5 thing about Bimal Gharti Magar
Kolkata football giants Mohun Bagan has signed Nepalese forward Bimal Gharti Magar to replace injured Haitian international Sony Norde. He thus became only the second Nepalese player to sign for an I-League club after the Nepalese Goalkeeper Kiran Chemjong joined Minerva Punjab F.C. Here are the top five facts about Bimal Gharti Magar you should know:
1. He is the youngest Nepalese player to make an international debut. On 20 September 2012 (at the age of 14), Magar made his international debut against Bangladesh national football team in an international friendly match played at Dasrath Rangashala, Kathmandu, Nepal.
2. He is the youngest Nepalese player to score an international goal. On 3 September 2013 (at the age of 15), Magar scored a goal against Pakistan national football team (SAFF Championship 2013) in injury time thus making him the youngest Nepalese player to score an international goal.
3. He has represented Nepalese national team at all age levels. He has played for the U-14 national football team, the U-16 national football team, the U-19 national football team, the U-23 national football team and the senior national football team.
He has won 2015 SAFF U-19 National Championship with Nepalese U-19 national team, the 2016 Bangbandhu Gold Cup and the AFC Solidarity Cup 2017 with the senior national team. He has also won the gold medal in South Asian Games (Football) with Nepalese U-23 National Team.
4. He has given trial for Belgian giants RSC Anderlecht. However, he was not able to sign for the club due to FIFA transfer regulations and EU work permit laws on non-European foreigners in Belgium. After not being able to sign with RSC Anderlecht, he again went to Belgium to give trial with another club outfit Racing Genk.
5. Bimal Gharti Magar has scored six international goals for Nepalese national football team and has featured in 23 games for the Nepalese National Football Team.